Valour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A family-oriented and friendly online community geared towards the PS3. We are always looking for players who are willing to participate and help out.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Wars

Go down 
+2
Ray
Chasdragon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chasdragon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Chasdragon

Number of posts : 546
Current Game(s) : Cod5, Warhawk, Oblivion, Guitar hero: world tour, Fallout 3, Far cry 2, Bioshock
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Guild Wars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:19 am

well more free than WoW
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Forum Admin (Clan Leader)
Falcoren

Number of posts : 500
Current Game(s) : Atlantica Online, CoD: World at War

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Yeah it's just like any other video game, there are 4 versions (3 core and one expansion) - You just buy whatever one(s) you want. Each core version corresponds to a continent in the world, and has it's own weapons, classes, and missions. You need a core to play the expansion. If you have more than one version you can combine the different sets of equips and skills and slaughter everyone Very Happy

It's only like $20 for a version which is hella cheap for an awesome game ^_^

I do own a guild (It was in an alliance at one time and kicked ass) but it has since fallen into ruin since everyone quit playing it.

If you want more info ask here or let me know and I'll explain more.
Back to top Go down
Jackariah
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jackariah

Number of posts : 133
Current Game(s) : SOCOM: Confrontation
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:43 pm

i wish people would start playing it again and maybe more people get the game SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Zman64
Sergeant
Sergeant
Zman64

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:22 pm

ya i dont know about that. that sounds kinda cheap how if u have all three than u can kill someone who doesnt have all three.
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Falcoren

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Well the level limit is 20, you can get there in a week. You don't PvP without being 20, period. I played for months with only the original core version yet I faired quite well in PvE and PvP - The game is mostly strategy and skill, if you want to get stronger you have to complete harder levels to get better equips. There is absolutely no grinding (Unless you really suck or are going for Title Tracks xD). You get an advantage if you have all the versions only because you can have more versatility.

For instance, taking archer skills and ritualists skills, and mounting them onto 1 character can create a hybrid that is difficult to take down for most classes. The more time you put into the game the better you'll be regardless of what version(s) you have.

I would recommend doing what I did - Buying the original, see how great it is, then buying all the other versions when they go on sale (I got them all for about $70~80 (Can't remember exactly). They lasted for far longer then a PS3 game and were more fun, I played for six months like I said up there and got burnt out. I am planning on returning to it very soon, especially if more people play it ^^
Back to top Go down
Zman64
Sergeant
Sergeant
Zman64

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:44 pm

mmm. maybe ill check it out. but im not a big fan of rpgs, so i dont know.
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Falcoren

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:11 am

I like RPGs, but I have several friends who are don't really care for rpgs but like this. Has a lot of action - for instance the better you time skills the faster they cast, and you can only dodge if you do so manually.

Btw, you can download the full client for free from their website, but you need some sort of code to play. Basically the retail codes give unlimited play time, but you may be able to get a 2 week trial code from the site. The trial code will let you play any version for 2 weeks, but you cannot trade with anyone (For obvious reasons). If they will not give you one let me know, I have 4 trial codes xD
Back to top Go down
Chasdragon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Chasdragon

Current Game(s) : Cod5, Warhawk, Oblivion, Guitar hero: world tour, Fallout 3, Far cry 2, Bioshock

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 pm

well guild wars 2 is coming out soon which does sound pretty good
theres lots more things you can do like swim and jump (interactive senary)
and i think the level limit is 100 now?
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Falcoren

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 3:36 pm

Yeah GW2 is gonna pwn. The nice thing is that almost everything you do and earn in GW carries over to GW2 ^^
Back to top Go down
Zman64
Sergeant
Sergeant
Zman64

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:36 pm

maybe ill just wait for the second one. too many good games out now.
Back to top Go down
Chasdragon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Chasdragon

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:53 am

Falcoren wrote:
Yeah GW2 is gonna pwn. The nice thing is that almost everything you do and earn in GW carries over to GW2 ^^

well not true really
because no items or anything like that is transferred only the things in the hall of heroes or something
Back to top Go down
Shadows Kill
Master Chief
Master Chief

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:02 am

hey falcoren do you think my crappy computer could play guild of wars 2? also whats its fighting style as in like final fantasy turn based?
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Falcoren

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Nah it's mostly action, no turn based at all. It's a hybrid of clicking to attack and using the keyboard to move/dodge. GW runs on the crappiest comps and looks great, I've never lagged. Hell the recommended internet speed is dial-up. Also there is are multiple servers but everyone is in the same world. There are unlimited channels, and everything is instanced. No grinding, no KSing, no PKing, always action. Basically everything bad about MMOs has been taken out.

Also chaz in GW2 you are the descendant of your character in GW, which means anything that stands up to time will be passed down to your descendant. Your money (May be penalized or non-transferable), elite armor, unique weapons, everything in your Hall of Monuments, Title Tracks, and some other stuff transfers. Basically the more you play now, the more you'll start with in GW2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars   Guild Wars - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valour :: Chillax :: Games Chat-
Jump to: