Valour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A family-oriented and friendly online community geared towards the PS3. We are always looking for players who are willing to participate and help out.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CoD WaW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcoren
Forum Admin (Clan Leader)
Falcoren

Number of posts : 500
Current Game(s) : Atlantica Online, CoD: World at War
Registration date : 2008-04-27

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:50 pm

I was debating whether to put this in the CoD4 spot, but it deals with a WaW gun so here goes...

I have most attachments unlocked for most guns, especially the most used ones, but I noticed that one gun in particular was always neglected. Which one? The M1 Garand. It is very understandable why this gun is hardly used - no aperture, high recoil, crappy iron sights, the list goes on.

A few weeks back, I noticed that the FG40 was highly underused also. I tried it, learned it, and it became my best gun. So, I decided to give the Garand a shot, mostly because of my experience with the FG40 and the chance to gain another sniper rifle. That and the fact that I have only seen one person use the sniper scope, I wanted to get it myself to be 'unique'.

150 kills is the most required to unlock the last attachment of any gun, in fact I think the most for any other gun is 100 kills, or near it. What really sucks is that only the flash hider can be used to gain kills - If you use the bayonet or grenade launcher, the kills do not count towards unlocks. Which means you have use the iron sights to place 2-3 shots onto the target with high recoil, only headshots yield 1 shot kills. Hence it took forever, and all attachments save one led to disappointment.

I finally unlocked the sniper scope after taking almost a .15 hit to my k/d. So I compared it against the Kar98 (My favorite sniper rifle) and was pretty much shocked. More power, more accuracy, it can shoot through walls easily, it is automatic, and you can still use iron lungs + held breath with it. Somewhat of a hidden bonus - an 8 round clip and 52 in reserve, versus any rifle's 5 round clip and 15 reserve. No need to choose between a bandolier or betties, as of yet I haven't run out of ammo since most direct hits were 1 shot kills. It cannot be used to spray as much as the M21 in CoD4, but it can still hold up better under fire then a single shot rifle.

Overall, it was difficult to use it at first, but it was worth it in the end. I would encourage anyone who is good at sniping to try and unlock it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadows Kill
Master Chief
Master Chief

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-06-20

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 am

once i get a gun i get all the things for it (except the bolt action only use some of those) and the M1 i found is pretty easy to get 150 kills with. use either deep impact+stopping power or steady aim+jug Razz. not to mention its one of the most accurate guns.
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Falcoren

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:23 am

2 biggest problems I had with it were the iron sights (I'd rather aim through a wad of spit), and the huge recoil (The gewehr for instance has no recoil). Once I was half done and had the bayonet, I basically just used it like a pistol - No sight aiming, close range only, extreme conditioning.

Oh yeah I kind of forgot to mention that the point of this thread was to answer a question I had - Was it worth it to dump all that time and a hit to the k/d to get the scope? I couldn't find the answer from anyone I asked, so I did it, and I'm glad Wink
Back to top Go down
Zman64
Sergeant
Sergeant
Zman64

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-05-05

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:49 am

I tried the m1 yesterday a little bit and wow it is awful. I have stopping power on it and still, I cant seem to kill many people. I like my mosin nagant and gewehr much more than the garand.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Kill
Master Chief
Master Chief

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:55 am

you guys are either A) BAD at this game or B) very picky
Back to top Go down
Zman64
Sergeant
Sergeant
Zman64

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-05-05

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:09 pm

I am A)awful as of right now. But I tried the m1 with the flash hider and went 17 and 10 with it. Im getting to like it more.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Kill
Master Chief
Master Chief

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 pm

play with me more and you will own Razz
Back to top Go down
Falcoren
Falcoren

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 am

Like I said zman, that gun is pure hell to use unless you have the scope, in which you need 150 kills =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CoD WaW Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoD WaW   CoD WaW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoD WaW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valour :: Chillax :: Game Guides, Tips & Tricks-
Jump to: